CAll to Current and Graduating Students
Theme: Create a piece of art work that is based on your lived experiences surrounding diversity, inclusion, equality, injustice, and social justice.
Helpful Source: Concept description
This list will help you get started, if you need specialized assistance feel free to reach out to Rachell Hester (email@example.com) or Illiana Zambrano (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Helpful Resources: Art techniques
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What mediums are accepted for the art samples?
Art is fluid and there are various mediums. Thus all forms are accepted some examples/but not limited to the following: drawings, paintings, poetry, and media.
How to Tackle the Art Theme
Theme: Create a piece of art that is based on your lived experiences as a student at CSUMB surrounding diversity, inclusion, equality, injustice, and social justice.
Step 1: Dissect the theme and break it down into part:
Theme parts: 1. Lived experiences
2. At CSUMB
3. Surrounding diversity, inclusion, equality, injustice, and social justice
Step 2. Think of specific events that you have experienced here at CSUMB
Think about the impact of:
Social Movements and Protests
Connecting with peers, staff and Faculty
Step 3: Write down words to describe those events
Step 4: Select one or more concepts: diversity, inclusion, equality, injustice, or/and social justice
Step 5: Create a list of words that correlate with the concept you have selected and your experiences
1. Use google images and see what images are generated based on your keywords
a. This will help you generate ideas
Sample Art Proposal
Sample Art concept description: Concept: Inclusion-Finding my footing during my time as an undergrad
1. May depict a contrast between my first years as an undergrad feeling uneasy, cautious, apprehensive, unsure where I fitted in
2. And later found my niche on campus part of the sports clubs, ethnic resource centers and the transfer community
3. My art sample may look black and white onside and on the other side it may be really bright and colorful
For example: Images I can use to help me design an original piece
First years as an Undergrad Finding my niche