Skip to Main Content
- Yes: industry information should not be too hard to find (i.e., it's an established, more traditional industry).
- No: your industry might be too small or too new to classify.
- If it's too small, try gleaning information from the broader industry sector.
- For new industries, trade associations and trade journals might help.
- Often abbreviated SIC.
- Predecessor of NAICS, although still in use by some resources.
Primary and secondary industries
- Big companies can often be involved with more than one industry. When this occurs, a company is usually assigned a Primary NAICS and/or Primary SIC code.