Skip to Main Content
Markets versus industries
- Markets refer to customers (e.g., fast food customers). Industries are sectors of the economy (e.g., fast food industry).
- Census counts all the people and tend to be more accurate than surveys that are based on sampling.
- Look for information about survey methodology and margin of error numbers. Lack of both or either raises questions about accuracy.
Free vs fee
- A few online market research resources provided limited free information. This guide includes a couple.
- Market information may not be readily available in the area you're researching. You may need to develop, conduct your own primary research.